Views
Helpful
Replies

call manger in big enterprise deplyment

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everybody.

Cisco call managers can be used as software application running on windows/linux platforms or for small business cisco call manager can be used in the form integrated service routers.

For example this my book shows:

. Examples of Cisco router models capable of running the CME fea-

ture include:

■1760 (24 max IP phones)

■2610XM (36 max IP phones)

■2691 (72 max IP phones)

■2851 (96 max IP phones)

■3725 (144 max IP phones)

■3745 (192 max IP phones)

■3825 (168 max IP phones)

■3845 (240 max IP phones)

The above routers are meant for small business .Do we have an integrated router providing CME feature for big enterprise voip network? what is the current practice when it comes to CME deployment for big enterprise voip network i.e are we still using  CME software running on microsoft/linux platforms or  are we using Integrated service router for CME?

thanks and have a great weekend.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sarah,

These routers are designed to run CUCM, but they support limited amount of users.  for example a 3845 router supports up to about 250 users.  For enterprise network, you usually use regular or virtual servers running Linux or Window servers.  These servers support thousand of users.  I think, a cluster of servers can support up to 30 thousand users these days.  The servers can be individual servers or chassis based server like Cisco UCS, IBM H series, etc...

Have a nice weekend

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sarah,

These routers are designed to run CUCM, but they support limited amount of users.  for example a 3845 router supports up to about 250 users.  For enterprise network, you usually use regular or virtual servers running Linux or Window servers.  These servers support thousand of users.  I think, a cluster of servers can support up to 30 thousand users these days.  The servers can be individual servers or chassis based server like Cisco UCS, IBM H series, etc...

Have a nice weekend

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: