Views
Helpful
Replies

calling inbound and outbound dial peer for the same call

vignesh_b
Level 1
Level 1

hello all

here is my situation i have created two dial peer one with a incoming number .T with service abc(ip based authentication) with no destination pattern. it is the inbound dial peer.another one with destination pattern 646 and no incoming number and service xyz.(this is the outbound dial peer) now i have a call for 646 number first it hits the inbound dial peer and calls the sercvice but the problem is the service on the outbound dial peer doesnt get executed. is it possible to do so.. can i call two service for the same call...

thanks

Vignesh

8 Replies 8

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Think its possible to have inbound and outbound dial peer for the same call.Following URL has a complete documentation dial peer basics and some example configurations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080147524.shtml#importance

teodor.dobrev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is the outbound dial-peer gets hitten?

maybe you should try

router#conf t

router#voice service voip

router#allow-connections h323 to h323 (or whatever your signaling is)

Let me know if that works

BR,Teo

The router is trying to match both inbound AND outbound dial-peer. If it cannot match either inbound or outbound dial peer it uses defalt dial-peer 0.

Default dial-peer have these properties:

codec g729r8 (payload 20 bytes)

vad enable

dtmf-relay disable

fax-relay disable

fax rate voice

req-qos best-effort

acc-qos best-effort

huntstop disabled

preference 0

playout-delay 40 ms

register E.164 number with GK

digit-strip enabled

session protocol cisco (for H.323).

sorry guys for replying late...

i tried various combination but still no luck

i actually wanted to call both the dial peer in order to call both the scripts on the inbound and outbound dial peer. but logically speaking i dont think it is possible because the script in the inbound dial peer initializes and places the call. and the call gets routed to the session target in the outbound dial peer but it doesnt execute the script on the outbound dial peer. because i dont think we can write a script to initialise a call(inbound script) and another script(outbound script) to end the call. sorry if i am not clear

Vignesh

if what i think you are trying to do is like hair pinning the call try in the dial-peer config

service session

let me know if it helps

/dg

Hi

i am not rying to hair pin the call. i would like for the users within my network the call shouldnt get hair pinned but at the same time i get accounting info for the both the users as if it was a hair pin...

i guess it was very confusing. i still didnt find a solution for the same.

Vignesh

from my experience you should put script on inbound dial-peer only (but i may be mistaken). the script should have enough logic for call treatment. example is survivability.tcl script in ISN/CVP Voice Browser.

Hi

I got your point, even i think the same. u can either have the script in the inbound dial peer or the out bound dial peer. but for a single call u can only call a single script. which wud be the script on the inbound dial peer.

thanks all for your help and suggestion... if anybody finds a solution for the same please let us know. we are trying different options if we get an answer will surely let u all know abt it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: