cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Line Identification Presentation (CLIP)

OurDreamWeb
Level 1
Level 1

I am a web developer so not real good with the hardware side. I am setting up my own home office network and have started to implement an attempt at VOIP. I have a ATA-186 I1 that I use and everything is working fine except my home phone number does not show up on my customers caller ID. They get all kinds of weird things from ATT ISDN Line 15 etc etc.

If I remember to hit *82 before making my call everything is fine.

I would like to know if there is a way in my web configuration page to set this feature to be automatic so that everytime I pick up my phone and get a dial tone that I do not have to physically dial *82 before each call.

Realize this is very low level stuff, but I could not figure out how to set it up through searching and reading here.

Thanks so much for any help/advice you can offer.

Steven Cannon

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Calling Line Identification Presentation (CLIP) is different from Caller-ID feature. CLIP feature allows you send your phone

number, name when you make a call. Whereas Caller-ID feature allows you to see the phone number and name of an incoming call. Please make sure that Caller-ID is enabled on the ATA. Refer to the following document for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4b8f.html#25687

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: