Helpful
Replies

calls stop when add IVR application help please calls stop when add IVR app

tareqrebhi
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i need to configure IVR at AS5400 i did :

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 tftp://55.55.54.11/TCLware.1.2.3/clid_4digits_npw_3.1.1.0.tcl 1

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 language 1 en

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 uid-len 8

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 pin-len 6

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 set-location en 0 tftp://55.55.54.11/TCLware.1.2.3/prompts/en

call application voice prepaid redirect-number 5551111

but when i put application TCLware.1.2.3 at Inbound dial peer the calls for outbound & Inbound are not pass.

dial-peer voice 102 pots

application TCLware.1.2.3

incoming called-number 55......

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

dial-peer voice 200 voip

destination-pattern 55......

progress_ind setup enable 3

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:55.55.54.30

codec g711ulaw

any help please?

5 Replies 5

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Outbound calls fail as you have no destination pattern on the POTS dial peer and there is no voice port reference for the calls to go out on ... and the inwards calls are failing for the same reason - there is no voice port reference to bind the TCL application to.

Add the destination pattern and 'voice-port X/Y:23' (or :15 if E1 interface) on dial peer 102 and give it another go.

Pedantic note: inbound DP matching does not require the port to be specified, cfr "Note for step 4" at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

Cherry on the pie, the document is also wrong because since I don't know which IOS version, that got true for all platforms.

Dears,

Firstly need to inform you my service is up and have customers under control.

Ok now let me follow your steps:

1. POTS destination pattern

2. voice port reference for the calls to go out.

Now please i attached AS-5400 file to see my full AS5400 configuration and let me know where the errors are?

3.NOTE:

I do not know if I need to configure new DP for my responded IVR's number as follow:

dial-peer voice 106 pots

destination-pattern 55004444

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

dial-peer voice 202 voip

session protocol sipv2

codec g711ulaw

IS THIS TRUE???

I'm not sure if I understand - is your system working now? If it is working, then it is all true :-)

Unless you want to use an IVR for inwards VOIP calls (VOIP to AS5400), you don't need the application configured under the VOIP dial peer.

Your config seems OK, but we would recommend you don't use 'destination-pattern .T' on the any of your dial peers - if a call comes into the router from the POTS side and the called number does not match on the VOIP dial peer, it is possible the call will be looped straight back out the interface.

The other problem can be if hackers probe your router by sending SIP invites and looking for any kind of SIP response, they then send calls with different numbers to see if they can call out the gateway.

Having 'destination-pattern .T' on the POTS dial peers would allow these calls to be made on your gateway - we have had a few TAC cases where customers find their gateways are used in this way ... So our recommendation is to NOT use '.T' on any dial peers!

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern .T

translate-outgoing called 1

port 7/0:D

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern .T

translate-outgoing called 2

port 7/1:D

!

dial-peer voice 102 pots

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 200 voip

session protocol sipv2

codec g711ulaw

!

dear,

thank you for your help. But i have comments if you can answer them:

1. my customers will dial 55004444 to reach IVR or when they dial 55004444 IVR will active and forward them to other destinations ….ok.

now configuring these task is correct from my configuration or not ? It seems from your

last answer it is right…yes?

Again, why calls stop if everything is ok?

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 tftp://55.55.54.11/TCLware.1.2.3/clid_4digits_npw_3.1.1.0.tcl 1

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 uid-len 8

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 pin-len 6

call application voice TCLware.1.2.3 set-location en 0 tftp://55.55.54.11/TCLware.1.2.3/prompts/en

call application voice prepaid redirect-number 55004444

2. For destination-pattern .T I have a lot of mobile carries here 079xxxxxxx, 077xxxxxxx,074xxxxxxx…etc. Also I have land lines :06xxxxxx,02xxxxxxx,03xxxxxx….etc

So that I put ( destination-pattern .T ) do you have other solution for all these destinations?

I don't know advanced configuration for this case…. If you have other design I will be thank but remember my country code is 962.

3. Now follows your comments:

I'm not sure if I understand - is your system working now? If it is working, then it is all true :-) ……it is nice and very important for me for giving me notes I am beginner and just know the basic…. Any comments for configuration?

Unless you want to use an IVR for inwards VOIP calls (VOIP to AS5400), you don't need the application configured under the VOIP dial peer……..

But I am seeing you put application configuration under VOIP, is this what you want exactly or I should remove (application TCLware.1.2.3) :

dial-peer voice 200 voip

session protocol sipv2

codec g711ulaw

4. Do I need to configure new DP for my responded IVR's number as follow:

dial-peer voice 106 pots

incoming called-number 55004444

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

dial-peer voice 202 voip

session protocol sipv2

codec g711ulaw

IS THIS TRUE???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: