Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

can't create pots dial-peer on CME router

I just acquired a cisco 2650, which i upgraded to "12.3 enterprise plus" IOS. i have CME configured on this router, with 2 7960s registered and working just fine. i add an NM-2V module with a 2FXS and a 2FXO cards into each of the NM slots. when i ty to configure the pots dial peers, the command parser doesn't show 'pots' as a valid dial-peer type:

confi t

dial-peer voice 1 pots

i get an error, and when i parse, only 'voip' is enabled as a valid dial-p type.

what i am doing wrong? is there any commands i am missing, in order to activate the pots? yet, when i do a "show voice port summary" i can clearly see the fxo ports in dormant stante, and when i plug an analog phone to it, i can hear the ringtone upon picking up.

please help.

regards

T.

6 REPLIES

Re: can't create pots dial-peer on CME router

Enterprise plus is an older feature set that isn't really used anymore. I couldn't find any information whether or not it supported voice or not.

If you have CME on there I would expect it to, however.

Do you have voice ports? 'show run | s voice-port'

If you don't have voice ports, it's because you don't have DSPs. I believe the NM-2V should have DSPs built in however. Make sure that the NM card is recognized, and 'show voice dsp' should show something.

-nick

Thanks Nick. i am pretty sure i have DSPs on it, if not i doubt i would have gotten the dial tone on the FSX port to begin with. either way, i tried the "show run | s voice-port" and it did display all 4 voice ports (2 fxs and 2 fxo). moreover, from the analog phone connected to the FXS, i can dial one of the CME lines and it works fine (with the callerID being displayed as "private". is this an incompatibility between CME and pots dial-peers, or what am i missing. but i still have a vivid recollection of having been able to do this about 3 years ago, though not sure of the ios category.

keep them coming...

That's really odd.

I would upgrade to the highest version you can fit on flash, and use an ipvoice feature set.

-nick

i figured it out, finally. for some reason,if you issue "dial-peer voice 1", the only option available after integer 1 is "Voip". but when i pick any other integer >=2, then i get the option for either "voip" or "pots". so the bottom line is that i should have NOT used 1 for the dial-peer number.

why that is? go figure. i am aware of the defauld null dial-peer, but this one got me scratching my head. i can't say for sure that this worked for me in the past, but if this has been in the IOS for some time and i am only running into it now, then i guess my learning process have lots to look forward to :)

thanks for looking into this with me.

Regards,

T.

It's quite possible that this problem was just a simple oversight.

If you have already configured a dial peer, the context help will not let you define that dial peer as something else.

My guess is you had already entered 'dial-peer voice 1 voip'.

-nick

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi, I think that if you remove DP 1, and reload the router, you should then be able to configure DP 1 pots.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content