cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot hear on IP Phone

hdang
Level 1
Level 1

I open a ticket with TAC already, but I was wondering if anyone has this problem before.

Were running CM 3.2, 2600 Router with NM-HDV-1T1 connect to a PRI. We have a remote site with Dual T1 (trunking the T1s) back to corporate. The Remote site has a 2600 with dual T1 WIC. It's connected to another 2600 at corporate. Call Statistics on the phone:

RxCnt: 000005 TxCnt: 002207

AugJtr: 0 MaxJtr: 0

RxDisc: 0 RxLost: 0

The users are experiencing calls that are coming in where they cannot hear the caller. However, the caller can hear the user. If the user calls any caller, the caller does not hear the user. This happens at least 10-15 times a day.

We have replaced the 3524 switch, 2600 router (at both location), IP phone (7960), patch cable, network cable, etc.

Any suggestions would be help while we wait on TAC to analyze the data we've given them.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

ctrieu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chinh

The h323-gateway voip bind srcadd command is applied on the fastethernet interface of the branch router as well as the router with NM-HDV at our main office. As far as I understand, this command does not need to be applied on the FE interface of the router on the other end (the one with which branch router is connected to). Correct me if I am wrong, because that is the only router where we dont have this command applied.

Thanks

paul.p
Level 1
Level 1

When the users are experiencing the one-way audio, where did the call terminate? Was it a call across the wan, through a pbx, and then terminating at the pstn? If so, the pstn may be the source of the problem. What type of telephone initiated the call, analog or ip?

Paul