Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot log in to Cisco Unified CM Administration

I decided to follow advice in the CIPT1 book and to change the Host Name / IP Address field located in Cisco Unified CM Administration from the host name to the IP address of the Publisher. Now when I am trying to log in to Cisco Unified CM Administration, I get the "Database communication error" message.

I have only one CUCM server running under VMWare. In the past, I changed the host name to a different host name and had the same problem when trying to log in to Cisco Unified CM Administration. However, then I proceeded to change the host name in the CLI by using the set network hostname command. After I restarted, I was able to log in.

This time, however, I cannot fix the problem. The CLI would not take the set network hostname command with the IP address as an argument.

Additionally, when I try to use the run sql select name,nodeid from ProcessNode, I get the following message:

Failed to get Connection.Connector(NOT CONNECTED:Driver=com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver;)

Does anyone know how to recover from this problem? I can still use the CLI and I can log to the Disaster Recovery System page as well as to Cisco Unified OS Administration page. I cannot log in to Cisco Unified CM Administration page, Cisco Unified Serviceability page, or Cisco Unified Reporting page. I do not have a Disaster Recovery backup.

2 REPLIES

Re: Cannot log in to Cisco Unified CM Administration

Please can you tell us your CM Version, in CM based on Windows Operating System, you cannot change the hostname. If you change the hostname the you need to make a full recovery of CM Server.

Re: Cannot log in to Cisco Unified CM Administration

It's CUCM 6.1, I believe. I have just realized that I posted in the completely wrong furm, so I have just posted it in Unified Communications and Video -> IP Telephony.

Views
Helpful
Replies