Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 3.3

We are getting Voice Spam on our VoIP systems. We're currently using Cisco Call Manager 3.3

Is there any ways to block incoming calls from an outside source?

3 REPLIES

Re: CCM 3.3

This helps a lot except I've taken look at our gateways and they are indeed MGCP :( So that said, I will do some more research on my part but would you know what it would take to switch from MGCP to H.323?

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CCM 3.3

Hi Julien,

This would be a very complicated (but not impossible) change due to the way H.323 is configured.

Adding a Cisco IOS H.323 Gateway

Follow these procedures to add a Cisco IOS H.323 gateway to Cisco CallManager.

Before You Begin

Before configuring a Cisco IOS H.323 gateway for use with Cisco CallManager, you must configure the gateway by using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI). Compared to MGCP gateways, H.323 gateways require more configuration on the gateway because the gateway must maintain the dial plan and route pattern.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802deb06.html#wp1311511

I might be tempted to speak with your service provider to see what they can do before I went this route :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content