cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.3

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting Voice Spam on our VoIP systems. We're currently using Cisco Call Manager 3.3

Is there any ways to block incoming calls from an outside source?

3 Replies 3

This helps a lot except I've taken look at our gateways and they are indeed MGCP :( So that said, I will do some more research on my part but would you know what it would take to switch from MGCP to H.323?

Thanks

Hi Julien,

This would be a very complicated (but not impossible) change due to the way H.323 is configured.

Adding a Cisco IOS H.323 Gateway

Follow these procedures to add a Cisco IOS H.323 gateway to Cisco CallManager.

Before You Begin

Before configuring a Cisco IOS H.323 gateway for use with Cisco CallManager, you must configure the gateway by using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI). Compared to MGCP gateways, H.323 gateways require more configuration on the gateway because the gateway must maintain the dial plan and route pattern.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802deb06.html#wp1311511

I might be tempted to speak with your service provider to see what they can do before I went this route :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: