Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3)sr3a different ring tone for different line

jesminder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've got a dual line 7941 phone and would like to configure different ring tone for each of the lines. eg. I've got ext 100 and 101 on my phone. i would like the phone to ring differently when a call comes into 100 and 101 so i can know just by the ring tone which number has been called.

Can anybody help?

Cheers,

Jesminder

1 Reply 1

Jesminder,

Unfortunately ring tones are configured at a phone level. In order to do this you need to go to the phone, push the settings button, select ring type. From there you will get a menu. Line 1 of the menu is the default ring. Line 2 and on corresponding to your line numbers in order. So if you want CallManager line 2 to be a different ring tone then you will select line 3 from the ring type menu, it should have the extension number next to it.

There also might be a way to set it via the web interface. You would want to post in the Ip Communications - Ip Phone services for end users forum.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: