cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phone on third party switch Nortel Baystack 325-24G

mmccallebaut
Level 1
Level 1

Our client wants to buy Cisco IP phones (type 6941) and wants to install them on existing Nortel Baystack switches (type 325-24G). The problem of course is that those switches don't speak CDP nor LLDP-MED. Our client wishes to avoid to configure manually the Voice Vlan-id into the phones (about 17.000 phones) so my question is if there exists another way to configure dynamically the voice Vlan-id into the Cisco Phones ? I 'm thinking hereby of an option in DHCP ( for the Siemens IP smartphones I think option 43 is used f.e., or for MITEL phones option 132 in hex is used ) or if dhcp option is not possible how about changing the vlan-id through loading the configuration (cnf.xml file f.e.) by a TFTP-server ( = dhcp option 150 which works for Cisco IP phones) ?

Because the contract consists of a large amount of phones (together with two call-managers , several CUBE routers and also Voice gateways) an answer would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Mike Callebaut

1 Reply 1

cowana
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mike,

I have a similar problem. Did you find a solution to this?

I would greatly appreciate any insight and information if you succeeded with resolving the problem.

Kind regards

Alan Cowan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: