Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco router 26xx series

hello,

1- could i use a cisco router 26xx series as a gatekeeper ( tis router is running IOS 12.2(5) )?

2-Is it possible to use this router ( 26xx series) as a gatekeeper and an ip gateway ( for my Internet traffic and traffic destined to a different network) at the same time ? if yes what are the vulnerabilities my system will be exposed to? and if no , why?

please reply at this email: jacob@teltac.com

Regards,

Jacob.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: cisco router 26xx series

Hi,

Here is the answer to your questions:

1. Yes, you can use the 26xx as a gatekeeper. Just make sure you are using the IP/H323 feature set (c2600-ix-mz) image for the gatekeeper feature.

2. Yes, you can do this. But you will need to use the enterprise feature/MCM

feature set (2600-jsx-mz). Also, you should use the 12.2T release

for this feature.

Thanks,

Chinh

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards,

Jacob.

hello,

just a simple clarification, is this router (26xxseries ) ,configured as a gatekeeper and ip gateway, able to handle 200 to 250 calls per minute ( peak or busy hours ) if yes please advise what should be the recommendations for this router ( hardware and software); if no which device should i use as replacement for this router ?( total details hardware + software).

Regards,

Jacob.

Views
Helpful
Replies