Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring Priority Queueing for RTP and MGCP on Cisco 851w router

I need to implement class based weighted fair queueing on my 851 for voip signaling and RTP streams, but the router does not recognize the class-map and policy-map commands. I'm running 12.4(6)T2 IOS advanced security. Is there a command I am missing that needs to be enabled to allow the queue commands to be used? Alternatively is there another way to define priority queueing for the traffic besides policy-maps? Oddly, the service-policy output command exists on the interfaces.

Lastly, the ip inspect firewall set is enabled on the router. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: Configuring Priority Queueing for RTP and MGCP on Cisco 851w

The 850 series has only 1 feature set (Advanced Security) which does not support advanced QoS features. The 870 series has 3 feature sets (Advanced Security, Advanced IP Services, and Advanced Enterprise) 2 of which support QoS features. Take a look at the following link for confirmation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_qanda_item0900aecd8028a982.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Sh%t that's exactly what I needed to know....shoulda picked up the 870 series.

Good posting. Thx

This answers what I have been looking for as well. I needed QoS and VPN. Guess I'll be getting 871s. Thanks!

Bronze

Yep - I had a 851W and 871W and ended up tossing the 851W. Also the 851 is unable to create additional VLANs; with the 871W this is not a problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies