cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Priority Queueing for RTP and MGCP on Cisco 851w router

swharvey
Level 3
Level 3

I need to implement class based weighted fair queueing on my 851 for voip signaling and RTP streams, but the router does not recognize the class-map and policy-map commands. I'm running 12.4(6)T2 IOS advanced security. Is there a command I am missing that needs to be enabled to allow the queue commands to be used? Alternatively is there another way to define priority queueing for the traffic besides policy-maps? Oddly, the service-policy output command exists on the interfaces.

Lastly, the ip inspect firewall set is enabled on the router. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The 850 series has only 1 feature set (Advanced Security) which does not support advanced QoS features. The 870 series has 3 feature sets (Advanced Security, Advanced IP Services, and Advanced Enterprise) 2 of which support QoS features. Take a look at the following link for confirmation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_qanda_item0900aecd8028a982.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Sh%t that's exactly what I needed to know....shoulda picked up the 870 series.

Good posting. Thx

This answers what I have been looking for as well. I needed QoS and VPN. Guess I'll be getting 871s. Thanks!

Yep - I had a 851W and 871W and ended up tossing the 851W. Also the 851 is unable to create additional VLANs; with the 871W this is not a problem.