Replies

Controller t1 will not come up.

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Attached is my Sh controller t1 1/0

hardware: VWIC-1mft-1t in a 2621xm

Circuit T1 CAS

My config works in the lab with a neax2000 PBX but when on site it will not come up. I have replaced all cables and test and replaced the hardware on the PBX. I am currentenly doing a RMA on the routers card. When I do a no shut I get the following error:Mar 3 18:01:41.313 EST: %CONTROLLER-5-UPDOWN: Controller T1 1/0, changed state to up Mar 3 18:02:09.284 EST: %CONTROLLER-5-UPDOWN: Controller T1 1/0, changed state to down (LOS detected)

Any help in case it is not the card.

T1 1/0 is down.

Applique type is Channelized T1

Cablelength is short 133

Description: Uplink to Neax 2000

Transmitter is sending remote alarm.

Receiver has loss of signal.

alarm-trigger is not set

Version info Firmware: 20020812, FPGA: 11

Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Internal.

Data in current interval (780 seconds elapsed):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 780 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 780 Unavail Secs

Total Data (last 24 hours)

2 Line Code Violations, 2294 Path Code Violations,

0 Slip Secs, 86368 Fr Loss Secs, 1 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 86371 Unavail Secs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

this might have something to do with the problem:

Receiver has loss of signal

First thing - check the cable.

If you want to proove the voice card, use a T1 loop back. On the Rj45, loop pins 1 to 4 and 2 to 5. If the port comes up, then the problem is external.

You may need a T1 cross over cable to connect the external equipment to the voice card. Here are the pinouts :

1-------4

2-------5

4-------1

5-------2

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

adesalu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The simple test to see what devic is at fault is to test each controller with a hardware loopback plug. When the loopback is plugged into the controller, the T1 interface should come up. If it fails to come up, then you may have bad hardware, but this is rather unlikely. A method to make your own loopback plug is to connect pin 1 to 4 and pin 2 to 5 on a RJ45 connector.

Below is a that offers a method for using a hardware loopback to test a controller.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a7599.shtml

For your reference, below is a troubleshooting flow chart for T1 controllers that should be helpful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a5f40.shtml

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

this might have something to do with the problem:

Receiver has loss of signal

First thing - check the cable.

If you want to proove the voice card, use a T1 loop back. On the Rj45, loop pins 1 to 4 and 2 to 5. If the port comes up, then the problem is external.

You may need a T1 cross over cable to connect the external equipment to the voice card. Here are the pinouts :

1-------4

2-------5

4-------1

5-------2

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks to all but I finally convinced the PBX tech that I was working with it was cabling. He gave in and I was able to help him with the pin outs and BAM! it came up.

Thxs to all

Would you happen to remember the pinout that worked on both ends?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: