Views
Helpful
Replies

Coverting from VoFR to VoIP using 3810 Routers

r.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are currently running VoFR using 3810 routers. The remote sites have two FXS boards and the central site has 3810 with T1s connected to Central office PBX. We want to convert to VoIP what's the best way to migrate from FoFR to VoIP without losing communications between any of the remote sites. These sites talk to each other and to the central office.

4 Replies 4

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

Providing the 3810's have 64meg of DRAM and 16 meg of flash you can load a 12.2T VOIP IP plus feature set. You can then run VOIP over frame relay.

You need a minimum of 16/64meg for VOIP, so if the routers don't have this then you won't be able to run VOIP

kramert
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding the 3810 and VOIP, I am running VOIP on my 3810 with only 8mb flash and 32mb DRAM. I only have 2 FXS and 2 FXO though, but runs fine..

filename is: mc3810-a2isv5-mz.121-2.T.bin

file is 7.0 MB

tony

It won't be a supported system then - check out CCO for this release and it needs 16/64 !

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Iosplanner/Planner-tool/iosresult.cgi?get_crypto=&data_from=&hardware_name=MC3810&software_name=IP%20PLUS%20VOIP%2FVOATM&release_name=12.1.2T&majorRel=12.1&state=:HW:RL:SW&type=Early%20Deployment

Normally it won't boot if there is not enough DRAM. If it works, I guess it works !

The IP Plus no ISDN software does not require a lot of flash and DRAM. The 12.2.19a with IP Plus no ISDN only requires 8MB of flash and 32 MB of DRAM.

Javed