cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dailplan Overlaping Solution

jposada_us
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. This is not a question, this is only and how I solved a diaplan overlapping. Hope it cal help in case someone need it.

I recently experience an issue with a dial plan overlapping. One of my customers has a CCM on the LAN and a Gateway connected to the PSTN via E1 R2.

The problem was that my client doesn't want to dial any secondary dial tone number from the ip phones so when they send calls to the gateway the send the complete 8 digits to PSTN local calls (i.e. 25232000). The issue began when they start using a private dial plan to other buildings handled by the same central office, private dial plan from 2500 to 2999.

Dial-peer where configures as follow

dial-peer voice 50 pots

description Calls to PSTN Local

destination-pattern [1-9]......

port 0/1/0:0

forward-digits all

prefix 9

dial-peer voice 100 pots

description Calls to Private Dialing Plan Out

destination-pattern 2[5-9]..

forward-digits all

So when they tried to call a local number starting with 2 or any combination of 2[5-9]XXXXXX the system do match with the firs two digits of the dial-peer 100 pots vs. only one digit of the dial-peer 50 pots sending the calls to the central office without the prefix 9 which was expected from the CO to complete the local call.

What I notice is that since the period (.) is a wildcard the router doesn't take it as a match, they use it in case no other dialpeer match more specific digits.

What I did in order to let the system match with the dial-peer I wanted to (50 pots) was instead of using a period I used the wildcard combination of [0-9] which in fact is a period but in this case the system take it not as a wildcard so it fields it's more specific than the period and in that way the dial-peer 50 takes advantage over the private (100) dial-peer.

Fix:

dial-peer voice 50 pots

description Calls to PSTN Local

destination-pattern [1-9][0-9][0-9].....

forward-digits all

prefix 9

2 Replies 2

xiisbk123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

how are the private numbers then matched? The user has to type the four digits and then has to wait or type "#" for placing the call, right?

Regards,

Klaus.

Sorry I mentioned that they didn't want to dial any secondary dial tone but in reality what they didn't want was to send the 9 to the gateway because they have a secondary gateway with another carrier service and they were distributing the PSTN calls between our and the other carrier CO, so the other carrier didn't expect to receive the 9.

They typed 9 for PSTN calls but with a predot before sending it to the gateway.