Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer: Best Practice

rameezsardar
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

I am working on voip setup. I am configuring just outgoing call legs. Means, one pots dial-peer for the pbx that is connected with router through pri and others voip for remote destination. I am not configuring incoming legs with "incoming called-number". Everything is working fine. But i need to know that in a big voip setup with 25 sites what you recommend? Is it good with configuring incoming call legs or it is just ok without them?

Best Regards

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For incoming calls to a gateway, an inbound dial peer is necessary. That being said, if a configured inbound dial peer cannot be matched, the gateway will use the default dial peer. This is sometimes not desirable if the call leg is using non-default codec, capabilities, etc. It is a recommended best practice to explicitly define your inbound dial peer. Take a look at the following link for further explanation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080147524.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: