Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer: veriable length digits

rameezsardar
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

i am working on voip setup. There are more then twenty site where pbx will connect with ip network. If operator of one city want to call to a pstn number of other city, it will use toll bypass and then generate a local call from remote city. Pstn number in most of the cities is 7 digits but few cities have 6 or 8 or both etc. So if i try to make dial-peer for all, it is very difficult and no. Of dial-Peer will become large. If i define a single dial-peer with T, it is good but tdm people are not ready for that. There is a defference between general tdm system and voip setup that in pxb tdm system if a person want to call to pstn, it will dial site code (interal trunk will seize) then a specific code ( to seize trunk between remote pbx and pstn) and then pstn number. Number will be passed digit by digit and as pstn recieve all digits, it will connect the call whereas in voip number are not forward digits by digits instead first router recieve all digits match dial-peer then forward to pstn thats why we have to use "T" or multiple dial-peer with specific matches.

is there any way that router recieve digits till site code as it match then all coming digits forward regardless remaining match. For example:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-patern 4511T

4511 is site code so as router recieve this code then start sending number digit by digit to other router or pbx.

Otherwise please suggest me how i should solve this issue as people are not ready to wait for interdigit timeout. Waiting....

best regards

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which type of lines do you have between routers and whatever is connected there ?

Any digit after the patern will be dialed out, I'm not sure what really is the problem here. Think you are not the only one doing these things and it works for everyone!

Then regarding the interdigit-timeout you can make it shorrt like 3 seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: