Views
Helpful
Replies

Differences betwin Cisco Voice Cards

fred_m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Media Gateway that is certificated to work with Cisco 2650XM using NM-HDV-1E1-30E or NM-HDV-2E1-60 cards to make trunk TDM and cisco work as ARU (Automatic response Unit) using TCL 2.0.

Now, i have a cisco 2811 and seen VWIC-2MFT-E1 and VWIC-2MFT-G703 cards, that are more cheap than that the NM cards.

My question is if can I use this VWIC to replace that NM voice cards for applications of ARU (Automatic response Unit) using TCL 2.0.

Thanks.

Fred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to use show voice dsp all. This will show all dsps. The show voice dsp only shows allocated dsps and depending on your configuration or whats in the router then this might not show anything.

Also show inventory will show a PVDM2 and the type (ex PVDM2-64)

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

The VWIC-2MFT-E1 card will work, but you will still need DSP modules in the 2811 to handle the voice processing. The type of PVDM2 DSP module you install will determine how many channels and the type of codec used on the gateway.

Thanks,for your answer.

How i now if my router alredy gave a dsp module ??

Have a cli commando to check ???

using show voice dsp i get:

DSP DSP DSPWARE CURR BOOT PAK TX/RX

TYPE NUM CH CODEC VERSION STATE STATE RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABORT PACK COUNT

==== === == ======== ======= ===== ======= === == ========= == ===== ============

----------------------------FLEX VOICE CARD 0 ------------------------------

*DSP VOICE CHANNELS*

TYPE NUM CH CODEC VERSION STATE STATE RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABRT PACK COUNT

===== === == ======== ======= ===== ======= === == ========= == ==== ============

*DSP SIGNALING CHANNELS*

TYPE NUM CH CODEC VERSION STATE STATE RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABRT PACK COUNT

===== === == ======== ======= ===== ======= === == ========= == ==== ============

------------------------END OF FLEX VOICE CARD 0 ----------------------------

Thanks.

You need to use show voice dsp all. This will show all dsps. The show voice dsp only shows allocated dsps and depending on your configuration or whats in the router then this might not show anything.

Also show inventory will show a PVDM2 and the type (ex PVDM2-64)

Thanks

Fred

Also here is a good document on the DSPs for your router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3115/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016e845.html

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: