Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Does anyone have any experience of configuring NM-CEM-4TE1 modules?

Hi,

I am trying to put together a proof of concept lab to test whether Circuit Emulation over IP can be used in a DR deployment of a dealerboard system we are looking at.

Integral to the dealerboard system are multiple E1 circuits linking "station cards" to other internal elements (called RTICs even our dealerboard tech doesnt know what that acronym stands for!).  What I am trying to do is split a single E1 ccts and put an IP connection in the middle using a couple of routers with the NM-CEM-4TE1 modules installed.    

I have trawled the web and seen the configuration guides but have been spectacularly unsuccessful in getting anywhere.  I can get one end of the E1 cct to terminate on the router OK but have been completely unsuccessful in getting the IP element of the connection to even attempt to connect to the router at the other end.

As I said there are some pretty substantial knowledge gaps for me on this one so, if anyone out there has had any experience of setting up CEoIP in the past I would love to hear from you and I could post some more detail about configurations and what I have tried to date.  Here's hoping!

Thanks             

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content