Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FXO question

Will a FXO card route my local and 911 calls from my 7900 phone out through my analog connection?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: FXO question

You can certainly use a router with an FXO card to route only local and 911 calls out through a regular old analog line.

It is just a matter of configuration of your dial-peers on the router, and route-patterns in Call Manager.

Thanks for replying, another question for you.

Are there any sample configurations base on my setup showing the correct commands to use?

Cisco Employee

The problem in giving you a sample configuration is that I don't know what your network looks like let alone what type of devices you have? I am afraid I can only give you a vaugue answer.

Since you say you have a 7900 series phone, I am making an assumption that your phone is a skinny controlled phone that is controlled by Cisco CallManager. I do not know what type of gateway you have that contains the FXO port, but CallManager has two protocols which it can talk to the gateway. It will either be H323 or MGCP.

If the gateway is MGCP controlled, then what you have to do is configure the FXO port from Call Manager, and then create your appropriate route patterns to point to that endpoint.

If the gateway is an H323 gateway, then you will need to create individual dial-peers

something similar to the following

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 911

port 1/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern .......

port 1/0/0

Note that the port numbers will changed based on your specific configuration.

Here is link that discusses dial-peers in more detail.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080aec.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content