Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO & VoIP

feberle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to place a call via a FXO port in both way ?

here is the network :

Operator<=>BRI<=>3640A<=>IP Network<=>3640B<=>FXO<=>switch Alcatel E10

Both router 3640 are in version 12.2(7a)..

The calls coming from the switch to the routeur via the FXO work fine.

But when I try a call from the BRI side it doesn't work, I can see the call arriving in the 3640B but no way to go out from the FXO.

Thks for ur help

sorry for my poor English ..

4 Replies 4

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

It should work, the POTS dial peer just needs to match on the number that comes in from the VOIP cloud. Don't forget a POTS dial peer strips off any explicitly matched numbers by default, so you may need to use the prefix command or foward digits commands -

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 5551234

port 1/0/0

prefix 5551234

or

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 5551234

port 1/0/0

forward-digits all

thks but I finally find the solution.

In the way FXO => BRI , the pb was that there was no calling number to match my dial-peer voip. So I've put the command "connection plar xxxxxx" on the FXO voice port to simulate a calling number.

In the other way (BRI => FXO) the pb was that there was no tone sent back by the FXO to the BRI. So I've put the command "voice call send-alert" on the 3640B to simulate a tone.

It seems to work now ....

thks

sorry i've made a mistake.

you should understand "called number" instead of "calling number" ....

Did you ever have any issues with this when the calling party hangs up before the called phone is answered.

I have this problem and can not find a way to terminate the call to the phone when the calling party hangs up before the phone is answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: