Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

G729 WAN Calls without transcoder ?

Hi,

My customer has a WAN MPLS and 2 remote sites. On each site he has a legacy PBX. He wants to use his MPLS WAN to carry voice using G729B by connecting each PBX to a local GW using an E1 PRI (Euro ISND) link. He has to use G729B because of the future use of Cosmocom Call Center (MCC).

Each GW will use a VWIV-1MFT-E1 (E1 PRI link to legacy PBX) as well as 1 PVDM2-32 module.

I wonder wether I have to add or not additionnal DSP to transcode voice between G711 and G729B (according to the DSP calculator I need then 7 DSP). If so, I guess I also have to add CCME on each GW.

Or is the 2811 GW able to set up G729B calls directly from an E1 PRI (wich use G711 codec) to a remote WAN GW ?

Thanks for your help

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: G729 WAN Calls without transcoder ?

The gateway can do G729, so you do not need transcoding DSPs, but you do need more DSPs to terminate G729 calls than G711. With your one PVDM2-32 you can handle 16 G729A calls. If you need to be able to handle the full 30 E1 channels you will have to add another PVDM2-32. If you really want to do G729B you will need to add a PVDM2-64.

Please rate helpful posts.

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: G729 WAN Calls without transcoder ?

The gateway can do G729, so you do not need transcoding DSPs, but you do need more DSPs to terminate G729 calls than G711. With your one PVDM2-32 you can handle 16 G729A calls. If you need to be able to handle the full 30 E1 channels you will have to add another PVDM2-32. If you really want to do G729B you will need to add a PVDM2-64.

Please rate helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies