Views
Helpful
Replies

gatekeeper

fbadr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

i have been working for voice issues since 6 years with no problem but now its my 1st time to configure a gatekeeper

please help ,i need basic configuration of gatekeeper

hints, tips anything

guys any URL ,white paper anything will do

tks

5 Replies 5

Dear crieman,

We have been using Cisco 7200 gatekeepers now. I know that Cisco gatekeepers support Directed-mode signalling and does not support Gatekeeper-routed mode signalling now. We want to use GK routed mode due to security reasons while terminating calls.

Do you know whether Cisco IOS does support GK routed-mode signalling in the future? if so, in which IOS?

thank you.

best regards...

Tahsin Bekdemir

Network Engineer.

Vitel Telecom

Tahsin,

GK routed signaling is not availible in IOS, however you may be able to accomplish what you are trying to do with an IP-IP gateway:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_qanda_item09186a00801da69b.shtml

Hope this helps!

Chester

if you are looking for a gatekeeper-routed solution, you might want to check out the competition as well. www.nextone.com does have a gatekeeper solution that operates in many modes inclding multisignaling (SIP to H323 and vice versa), and it actually resolves some interoperability issues between many VoIP vendors out there.

Eyabane.

rghaedi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

email me I can send you a basic sample config of gatekeeper.

You maty reach rghaedi @ sympatico.ca

Good luck