Views
Helpful
Replies

getting the signaling ip of outbound leg using TCL iVR 2.0

vignesh_b
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I am using cisco TCL IVR 2.0 and Free Radius 1.1. I am trying to send signalling ip as an extra attribute to radius from the NAS in the accounting request packet using h323-ivr-out. The problem is I am not able to retrive the signaling ip of the out bound leg( I even tried the same for the inbound leg but still no luck). I am retriving the signaling ip using the info tag infotag get leg_remote_signaling_ip_address leg_outgoing. But I am getting a empty string

This is my code where I retrive the signaling ip

proc act_Cleanup { } {

set signalip [infotag get leg_remote_signaling_ip_address leg_outgoing]

set avsend(h323-ivr-out,0) "billingid:$signalip"

aaa accounting update leg_outgoing -a avsend

call close

}

This is the procedure that's get called when the call ends. I even tried using this code snippet when the call is established but I am still unable to read the signaling ip. I am accounting at stop only.

In the accounting request there is one attribute h323-remote-address which gives me the signaling ip but how do I retrive it in my tcl ivr script.

Please guys help me out

Thanks

Vignesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The doc. is not saying that its only for h323 , but when tried, i never get the info with Sip,

and also i realized the scope of the sip header commands like evt_proto_headers is limited with these events,ev_notify, ev_subscribe_done, ev_unsubscribe_indication. So you cannot use after the setup procedure.This is why I offer you you use the tcl in the terminating dial-peer in ipipgw but i dont know it is possible.

And i dont think that you can use tcl in the terminating gateway as TCL only work for pots peers in the gateways (as far as i know).

The quiest solution is to use h323 instead of Sip if its possible.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Deniz AYDIN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

have you tried the other info taqs like

infotag get leg_remoteipaddress and

leg_remote_media_ip_address

I dont know your gw configuration but one them may retrive the necessary info.

Hi,

i tried media ip address 2 but it also returns me a empty string. and remoteipaddress returns the ip address of the first leg not the outgoing leg. is there any other way. I am stuck with this issue and cant go ahead without getting the signaling ip. Please Help

Thanks

Hi,

i have added a simple TCL that, i used for one of our customers which i can retrive the remote side ip address . May be this can be helpful for you.

By the way try to use puts command to see whether you get the ip address.Because the may about the aaa command.Do you see the corrert parameter in your debug.

you can set the remote ip address manualy and check it with radius debug.

And my another case is, your tring to get the remote ip address befoure the call setups.

Hi

i tried your code, i am not able to retrive the signaling ip. it return me empty string. i tried remoteipaddress of outgoing leg. it returns me the ip address of the gateway from where the call originates. in radius debug i am able to see the remote signaling ip as h323-remote-address.but can i read this value from TCL script.

Hi

i tried your code, i am not able to retrive the signaling ip. it return me empty string. i tried remoteipaddress of outgoing leg. it returns me the ip address of the gateway from where the call originates. in radius debug i am able to see the remote signaling ip as h323-remote-address.but can i read this value from TCL script. i am attaching the tcl script i am using. i even tried the script you send but again i get an empty string.

Hi,

As I see from your code, your are using it on an ipipgw.

I just omit the aaa commands for testing.

In my test topology i am using the code on ipipgw , under incoming peer, and sending it to another one and then to a media gw.

orig_gw---->1.ipipgw----->2.ipipgw---->term_gw

With this setup i can see the 2.ipipgw ip address as

signalling and term_gw as media ip address.

Chould you please send debug outputs.may be we can catch sth from them.

debug voice application tclcommands

debug voice application script

will be enough for now.I am also sending my test code.

Hi

thanks for the reply

this is our scenario

orig_gw--->ipipgw---->term_gw

so in our case we get the media and signaling ip address as the ip addr of the term gw. but i am unable to retrive both the media ip address and signaling ip address from my tcl ivr. i am attaching the debug log. is it an issue with the ipip gw, the tcl or is there something else that needs to be changed.

I dont get why it is not working.

I used the simple tcl (the one that i've sent with your setup, and its gettin the ip addresses.

here is my ipipgw configuration.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description INCOMING

huntstop

service ipipgw

incoming called-number 4#T

codec transparent

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

description OUTGOING

translation-profile outgoing outgoing

huntstop

destination-pattern 4#T

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x

codec transparent

no vad

and i am using IOS version 124-7.bin.

Its very strange. it is not giving error or sth like that.it is just gettin an emty ip address.

Hi, are you using h323-sip conversition.Because in this case TCL cannot get the remotesig address.If it is so, I suggest to use, retrive sip headers To,From and strip the ip address field in TCl.

infotag get evt_proto_content_type

hi

thanks for the reply.

we are using sip-sip and we are not doing any conversion. in the script that i am using i am not getting any error but i am getting an empty ip address for the signaling ip address. i need to retrive it for billing purposes. i need to retrive the signalling ip to account the terminating gateway.

Vignesh

Hi,

ok this doesnot make any diffence.

"infotag get leg_remote_signaling_ip_address leg_outgoing" command only works for h323.

You can use ,"infotag get evt_proto_headers" command with sip to retrive sip headers.But in this case, you should use this tcl in terminating dial-peer.Because there is no leg param. with there command.I'll try to write a simple thing for this, but its a little bit strange.if i can manage, i let you know.

hi

thanks you for everything. for replying, for devoting time for my problem. actually no where in TCL IVR 2.0 documentation it was specified that it can only be used for h323. so i thaught it can also be used for sip. anyways looking out for an alternate solution.do you have any alternate idea how i can account the service provider (terminating gateway) by using TCL ivr.

Thanks Again

Vignesh

The doc. is not saying that its only for h323 , but when tried, i never get the info with Sip,

and also i realized the scope of the sip header commands like evt_proto_headers is limited with these events,ev_notify, ev_subscribe_done, ev_unsubscribe_indication. So you cannot use after the setup procedure.This is why I offer you you use the tcl in the terminating dial-peer in ipipgw but i dont know it is possible.

And i dont think that you can use tcl in the terminating gateway as TCL only work for pots peers in the gateways (as far as i know).

The quiest solution is to use h323 instead of Sip if its possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: