Views
Helpful
Replies

How many PRI's can a 3725 handel

mshields
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a 3725 router with 1 pri dedicated to voice. I am in the process of getting 2 more pri's for a total of 3 pri's. My question is can my route support them. I know that the router suppots 2 AIM slots which will be used by 2 AIM-VOICE-30's but if I have 3 PRI's that is a total of 69 channels and I only have enough DSP's for 60 Channels. So do I need a new router or will this configuration work.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

yes you are correct, 69 channels won't fit in the 3725 via AIM-VOICE-30. But, if you want to hang on to this router for a little longer, and you have a free NM slot, you could try an NM-HD-xxx (too many variants to list here) that wold support the the additional T1s without need for the AIM, as it has DSP on-board. See what modules are supported on your router:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800e73f6.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Don't use the AIM-VOICE-30 module, use the NM-HDV2-* modules which have the same PVDM2 DSP modules as the ISRs.

I have several c3725 routers running with 2 each of the NM-HDV2-2T/E1 modules (total of 4 T1 ISDN PRI trunks) with 50-60% CPU under full call volume.

I had a bunch of issues with the AIM-VOICE-30 modules as they are a single (older) 5510 DSP and have significant software limitations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: