Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure isdn pri on gigabit interface on AS 5850 router

adekunleb
Level 1
Level 1

hello All,

i currently have a project at hand which is a voip project using sip protocol. my client wants to send voip traffic to my router using STM interface with SIP protocol. But the challenge is how do i convert the sip protocol to ISDN PRI  on another STM  gigabit interface before sending it to my PSTN switch for onward termination to the customer. currently i use serial interface to communicate with my PSTN using E1 for other existing clients in other to terminate calls to customers. please see sample configuration below:

interface Serial10/1:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

no snmp trap link-status

trunk-group JKN

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice modem 64

isdn map address .* plan unknown type unknown

isdn send-alerting

no cdp enable

thank you.

Adekunle

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

n-kirillov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adekunle!

Did u mean STM as Synchronous Transport module for Optical network?

If it, it's separate termins GigEn & STM and ISDN Pri & SIP. They can be used for transport but not for configure

Good luck
CCIE, Irkutsk, Russia
Sincerely from Nik

View solution in original post

You do that with voice gateway, eg AS5400 for service providers, or ISR G2 for Enterprise customers.

For more information engage a reputable consultant or UC certified Cisco Partner.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

n-kirillov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adekunle!

Did u mean STM as Synchronous Transport module for Optical network?

If it, it's separate termins GigEn & STM and ISDN Pri & SIP. They can be used for transport but not for configure

Good luck
CCIE, Irkutsk, Russia
Sincerely from Nik

hello n-kirillov,

Yes i mean STM as Synchronous Transport Module for Optical Network. currently, the medium of transport for communication between my router and the PSTN switch is the serial interface whose configuration i have shown above. also currently E1 pri cables are connected to this serial interface and E1s are provision for this serial interfaces directly from the switch for communication with the PSTN switch.

the question now is that my switching team now wants be to communicate with their switch using fibre  from STM interface on my router  without using PRI cables. is this achievable? if yes what is the configuration like?

You do that with voice gateway, eg AS5400 for service providers, or ISR G2 for Enterprise customers.

For more information engage a reputable consultant or UC certified Cisco Partner.