cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure IVR over VoIP Dialpeer?

chetona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a scanerio where I need some help. I got my VoIP Network setup and it is working. I would like to add a new service to provide IVR service

Currently my IVR is working as follow

Network Diagram:

PSTN ---> c3640gw ----> Internet

dial-peer voice 416 pots

application prepaid (IVR portion)

destination-pattern 416.......

port 1/0:23

prefix 416

Now I want to have a network as follow

PSTN1 --->3640---Internet----H323-device---PSTN2

IVR is configured on Cisco 3640. I want to configure so that if people calls from PSTN2 and press 9, calls will be forwarded to Cisco 3640 via Internet. How do I then send an IVR signal back to the user to PSTN2?

H323Device does not does not do any authentication no radius. Just for Termination. I can make calls from PSTN2 to PSTN1 no problem via VoIP. But before people from PSTN2 is allowed to call PSTN1, I want them to enter PIN#.

Is this possible? If so is there any sample configuration that will allow me.

NOTE: H323Device won't do any other codec then G.723.1 63Kbps.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

You can configure the application under a voip dial peer and you can force the inbound call to be macthe don the voip dial peer by doing an incoming called-number .

However remember that if you are going to play any audio files, they need to be encoded in the same codec as the call, in your case g723

Hi. I found this very interesting. I should configure my GW in the following way:

dial-peer voice 900 voip

description VOIP_IVR

application my_app

incoming called-number 56123

I supouse that I can't use the same TCL of pots peer. Can you give me an example of a tcl for a voip peer?

You can use the same applicaiton on the pots o on the voip peer. Only catch is if its on the voip peer, the audio files need to be encoded in the same format as the codec of the call.

Thusain, I tried with a TCL used in the pots peer and I get the following error:

App session_voiss_voip, callID 330 Error: can play prompt only on telephony call legs

I use in TCL the command:

set event [playPrompt prompt info flash:welcome_voiss.au]

It seems that playPrompt can't be used in voip legs. Do you know which command should I use instead of playPrompt.

Regards.

I answered myself. here is the info if any of you also need this.

You Must use TCL 2.0 and use "media play" command.

Hi Miguel

sorry but I don't understand how to use "media play" command, is it necessary to modify the script?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: