Views
Helpful
Replies

How to manipulate Call disconnect cause codes

arslansaeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if cisco IOS allows to manipulate with voice call disconnect cause codes. For example if the called number is busy, we will get "user busy" message as call disconnect reason. Can we manipulate it so that instead of User busy message, we could send ITU 34 i.e. "No circuits available" message to the originating end.

Can Cisco Gateways do that?

thanks

arslan

4 Replies 4

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

unfortunately Cisco voice gateways are not able to do that.

It can be usually done with softswitches. MERA MVTS and NexTone, in example, have such features. They can rewrite the ISDN disconnect causes to whatever

you like.

Hi Teodor,

Many thanks for your reply. Can it be done by a TCL script?

Secondly what do these commands do?

Isdn disconnect-cause

Isdn network-failure-cause

Isdn voice-call failure

As far as I understand, they are only applicable to ISDN interface and not to H323 or SIP calls. Like if the call originates from h323 or sip and terminates on ISDN interface, then we cannot use these commands to manipulate what disconnect cause codes are sent to originating h323/sip gateway? Please confirm it.

iostres
Level 1
Level 1

If you're talking about ISDN cause codes, you can do something like that:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t5/isdnscrn.htm#wp8477

Regards,

Ivan

Hi,

Actually I am interested in sending disconnect cause code to the originating H323 gateway in a scenario as follows

originating H323 GW -> terminating H323 GW - ISDN inter -> PSTN -> User B

now if USerB is busy, PSTN will send back USer-Busy message to the ISDN interface, the terminating H323 gateway will then send it back to originating gateway over H323.

I want to know if I can manipulate the cause code that is sent to the originating H323 gateway i.e. instead of User-Busy , I should be able to modify it on terminating Cisco gateway and send whatever cause code I like.

Looks like it is not doable in cisco. Can it be done through a TCL scripts? Your thoughts please!

thanks a lot!

regards

arslan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: