Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need to know how to monitor call on cisco as5400

i need to know how to monitor call on cisco AS5400 using show call vocie command if there is no speech or no two way audio what show i get with this command " show call vocie ?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: i need to know how to monitor call on cisco as5400

The only way I know of to do this is to place testing equipment like a T-1 analyzer on the line either bridged or termed. This equipment can break open the T-1 DS0's. From there you can monitor the DS0 from the testset and audibly hear the conversations.Such a test set would be the T-Berd 2300 or the T-Berd 310 with T-1 analyzer

With "show call active voice brief you will see a brief version of active voice calls. (And with show call history voice brief - you get the call history)

You will see if there is no voice coming from IP side by looking at the following line:

dur 00:35:44 tx:80683/1609684 rx:107575/2151206

There are the tx (transmitted packets) and rx (received). If rx is 0 means no rtp packets are coming from the IP side and there is one way voice.

To see if the IP side is not receiving the voice - then you should look at the receiving packets on the remote IP equipment (because on your box you will see packets transmitted, no matter if the packets arrive or not to destination).

The commands which I have found the most useful in troubleshooting voice issues on the various Cisco platforms are:

'debug vpm signal' -- This will show you call setup information as well as signaling bit states on the analog leg of a call.

'debug ccsip messages' -- If you're using SIP as your VoIP signaling protocol this will show you the SIP messages being sent and received by the router.

'show call active voice' -- Shows you all sorts of information pertaining to the active voice calls passing through the device.

I've not worked with an AS5xxx in a few years, so I'm not sure which of these commands will work on that platform.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content