Views
Helpful
Replies

Information on CCVP

ramprasad1211
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I want to take CVOICE, Is it the pre-requisite is just to have CCNA certification or do I need to have any other certification in 642 series?.And also let me know which book will be good for self preparation and also the pass percentage. And also let me know whether there will be only theoritical or there will be some configurations that we need to do in the exam.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Ramprasad:

CCNA is the prereq for Cisco voice certifications except CCIE, which can be taken without a current cert.

I would reccommend IP Telephony Self Study for the CVOICE track - there is a new version said to be released in the next month or two from Cisco Press. The old ISBN is 1-58705-050-1, not sure of the new one.

Take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le65/learning_certification_type_home.html

Also take a look at the Career Certifications section of NetPro, there's lots of info there for prep.

Tom

the pre-req for the CVOICE course is listed as the VOIP Fundamentals course as is stated on cisco's website.. This is not a certification pre-req, just a knowledgebase pre-req.