Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

installing additional router

I'm currently running two 2600xm routers (one for local and one for long distance) and will soon be installing an additional 2801 (for additional long distance). Now, I'm relatively new to the VoIP world so any help is appreciated. How do I go about copying the configs from one router to another and will there be any compatibility issues between the two?

• Voice over IP
2 REPLIES

Re: installing additional router

hi

few things to watch the ios code compatibilities between 2600 and 2800.

some of the commands may not come in as a integral part of the ios code in that case u may require to upgrade the current code in your 2800.

next thing is to check out the slot position and the numbering of the 2800 box which may differ and which u need to consider and alter your current configs accordingly when you paste them in the new 2800.

regds

Re: installing additional router

Thanks for the reply. I will be certain to give those things special attention. My next questions is, how do I physically go about copying the settings from the 2600 (no MGCP) to the 2800? Again, thanks, in advance, for the help.

Views
Helpful
Replies