cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator/Desktop Agent

Greg Ross
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the five issues listed below. These issues have been going on for months, but recently have become more frequent. Not new to Cisco, but new to this area of voice communications. Previous adminstrator left company wil little to no turn-over/knowledge transfer.  I beleive that the issue below are the result of a corrupted registary file or hive. Issues only happen on PC's that aare operating on XP SP3.

1)  Agent issues - I open agent, then click on "Agent Summary" box and it freezes up.  the "Agent summary" box goes all white and then eventually all of Agent shows "Not responding" and I have to use task manager to close it all down.  Happened 3 times today so far.

2)   Agent froze - advised her to completely X out of IP communicator and agent - then bring up IP communicator first then agent.

3)  Cisco IP communicator not opened and could not make a call or set up voice mail. The Cisco Agent has not repsonse for Agent Log to see how many faxes in the queue. Need to log out and log back in and also shut down to restart the computer.

4) 

red screen issue - phone rings, email message being sent from agent - this is a re-occuring issue. I was sending a reply back to an email from Vanessa at Organize It and then a phone call came in at the same time it was sending and now it gave me the red screen with “An error occurred” message.  I will have to log out and back in to get it to go away….any way you can find that message and send it for me?

5)   phone is randomly not disconnecting the call from the server when the customer hangs up. then the phone calls her back - this has occurred a couple times each day for the last 3 weeks.

I have attached a CIPC Problem report that I took from one of the CSS personnel that is having the most problems.

Thanks,

Greg

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "IP telephony". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: