Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP SLA Monitor to Measure QoS Performance for VoIP

I am trying to create 2 IP SLA Monitors, one for measuring jitter/delay for non VoIP traffic and a second one for Measuring Jitter/delay for VoIP traffic, which I am trying to get to use the Access-list for QoS keying off the EF DSCP. The Results should be able to tell me if my QoS implementation is working and if I have enough trasmit bandwidth in my network. The network is basically a DMVPN with the spokes using Broadband Internet access, Cable & DSL.

It appears to me that the IP SLA Monitor is not effected by my QoS Policy, I am traffic shaping to 256K and when I overload the output interface, my QoS policy does not appear to effect my second IP SLA Monitor.

ip sla monitor 1

type jitter dest-ipaddr 192.168.11.253 dest-port 32333 source-ipaddr 192.168.99.1 source-port 32333 codec g711alaw codec-numpackets 30

tos 10

frequency 5

hours-of-statistics-kept 24

ip sla monitor schedule 1 life forever start-time now

ip sla monitor 2

type jitter dest-ipaddr 192.168.11.253 dest-port 32322 source-ipaddr 192.168.99.1 source-port 32322 codec g711alaw codec-numpackets 30

tos 184

frequency 5

hours-of-statistics-kept 24

ip sla monitor schedule 2 life forever start-time now

!

Access-lists for QoS:

Extended IP access list VCon

10 permit ip any any dscp af31 (269 matches)

20 permit udp any eq 2427 any

30 permit tcp any range 11000 11999 any eq 2428 (72 matches)

Extended IP access list VRTP

10 permit ip any any dscp ef (283 matches)

20 permit udp any eq 32322 any eq 32322 (64 matches)

1 REPLY

Re: IP SLA Monitor to Measure QoS Performance for VoIP

Hi Charlie,

The only thing I would look out for is a less specific policy in your policy map above the definition of your more specific policy. It's possible that you've got a generic voip traffic list being matched.

Otherwise - it looks fine. You may want to get a packet capture and confirm that IP SLA is building the packet as expected. There may also be an issue with matching locally generated traffic. You could try generating the traffic a hop or two before your QoS policy and see if it changes the output.

hth,

nick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content