Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ip2ip gateway for fax

i have a unique situation. i am trying to configure an ip2ip gateway to pass fax traffic. i am using h323 with a call manager involved i've configured an ict on the call manager that points to the ip2ip gateway. i have 2 dial peers on the gateway. one that points to the call manager and the other that points to the xmedius fax server. the fax server uses t.38 for faxing. the other end devices attached to the call manager use an ATA which only supports fax passthrough. we're using ccm 3.3(3) which is unaware of t.38. i have the dial-peer pointing to the fax server set up to use t.38. i have the dial-peer that points to the ccm to use t.38 with fax passthrough as a baxckup. i get h.225 and h.245 connect messages when i do debugs, but i still get an error message of 47, no resource. does anyone have any thoughts as to how i can make this work? i've tried everything i can think of. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: ip2ip gateway for fax

attached is a copy a show run from the ip2ip gateway

Re: ip2ip gateway for fax

a few things I noticed with your config:

1. You don't have a POTS dial peer, which is required as part of associating the fax call leg to an actual voice port?

2. The Xmedius product documentation ONLY supports CallManager 4.1: Here is an excerpt:

Versions

It is very important to have the correct product versions for the solution to work. If you do not have the correct version of the XMediusFAX product, please contact Interstar Technologies.

The following is a list of the version required to make the solution work:

Product Version

XMediusFAX Enterprise 4.2.0.110 & up

XMediusFAX SP 4.6.0.300 & up

Cisco Call Manager 4.1(3) & up

H323 Gateway 12.3 & up

3. A lot of times the H.323 call flow is broken or times out because the Channel ACK required by the Xmedius fax server is never received. Xmedius is made to use h323 fast start and h245 tunneling by DEFAULT. I would change this:

voice service voip

call start slow

h245 tunnel disable

back to this:

voice service voip

call start fast

h245 tunnel enable

4. If you are needing to use h323 SLOW start, make sure you create a Windows registry entry on your Xmedius server to reflect the change....As I said, the Xmedius uses fast start and h245 tunneling BY DEFAULT....

Views
Helpful
Replies