Views
Helpful
Replies

IPIPGW and TCL script

iostres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Is it possible to use TCL script on IPIPGW to remove some h225 message (like "facility" for example) and pass all other? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Ivan

4 Replies 4

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately - no.

Such actions should be performed by session border controllers.

Theodor, this is from the "product introduction":

"...The Cisco Multiservice IP-to-IP Gateway facilitates simple and cost-effective connectivity between independent voice-over-IP (VoIP) and video networks. Designed to meet enterprise and service provider Session Border Controller (SBC) needs, the Cisco Multiservice IP-to-IP Gateway is an integrated Cisco IOS Software application that runs...."

so it acts like SBC...

Ivan

Ivan,

if Cisco engineers (these who have designed the IP-IP gateway) would have the guts to look at MERA MVTS softswitch and session-border controller they will commit a suicide. A real session-border controller (like the one of MERA) can also fix vendor compability/interopability issues. It can also rewrite Q.931/H225/H245 messages, disable the negotiation of specific capabilities on H.245 and etc.

What I told you that it is a job of a SBC. I am not the one to blame, that Cisco's IP-to-IP gateway can not perform such a function :)

DaSpadeR
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure exactly which messages you are looking to modify, but there are is a tremendous amount of message modification you can do with TCL and/or VXML hybrid. see: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_programming_usage_guide_chapter09186a0080107a62.html

You can re-write almost everything. Whether or not you want to, or should is another matter. NOTE: the more functions you add to call processing, the fewer calls you can process on IPIPGW. I hope this helps.

John Spade

webVoIP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: