Views
Helpful
Replies

ITP Sigtran questions

jefferyshi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I want to know if can set up SUA or M3UA connection between two ITP? If ITP can act as SCTP client behaviour?

Could someone confirm to me.

Thanks.

Jeffrey

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You are correct. ITP only acts in server mode for both M3UA and SUA.

View solution in original post

If the MSC supports server mode m3ua its possible this will work. The PGW is in client mode and relies on ITP in server mode. If you remove the ITP, the MSC would have to behave similar to the ITP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

scpage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeffrey,

ITP only supports M3UA server mode hence it would need a client to initiate the sctp/m3ua connection. You can use M2PA to create ss7 links between ITPs.

Hi Scott Page,

Thanks for your confirm.

How about SUA? Is it similar M3UA? I test and set up SUA between two ITP, no one ITP send out INIT sctp/SUA message. So I thinks ITP act as SCTP/SUA server.

You are correct. ITP only acts in server mode for both M3UA and SUA.

Hi,

Can we use native SIGTRAN delivred from MSC interfaces without using ITPs to connect PGW2200 to SS7 network?

thank you

Regards

If the MSC supports server mode m3ua its possible this will work. The PGW is in client mode and relies on ITP in server mode. If you remove the ITP, the MSC would have to behave similar to the ITP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: