Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LAN/WAN QOS design

I am working on a LAN/WAN design to provide QOS for voice and video between multiple sites. Each location (about four) will have a Cisco firewall and router connecting it to the Internet. The sites will be interconnected via a site-to-site (firewall-to-firewall) vpn. The VPN tunnels will carry voice, video, and data between sites. My goal is to

enable QOS to the extent possible in order to provide acceptable service levels for site-to-site voice and video. The VoIP is an Avaya IP Office, and the IP video is Polycom. I am reasonably comfortable with using IP Precedence for QOS on the LAN side, but I am trying to settle on an acceptable mechanism for QOS on the WAN. I'm not sure if I can use Link Fragmentation and Interleaving (LFI) on a T1/T3 Internet circuit for the VPN traffic? I assume LLQ or WFQ would work?

LAN Switch--Firewall--Router--Internet

HQ has a full T3 Internet circuit; each of the remotes has either a full T1 or DSL circuit. I am planning to install a PIX515 w/VAC+ and a 1721 or 2620xm router at each remote site. The LAN switching at each remote site will probably consist of one or more 3550 switches. I currently have a 3725 router at HQ and plan to install a PIX525

w/VAC+. I also plan to upgrade the existing HQ core 4006 switch from Sup II to Sup II+ to provide L3 QOS. The access switches at HQ will be either 3550's or 3750's.

Any recommendations or suggestions regarding the lan OR wan QOS issues would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: LAN/WAN QOS design

Views
Helpful
Replies