cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Low Volume on Cisco IP Phones plus Echo

lancesmith
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Call Manager 3.3.3 with all the latest patches. I am running thru a Cisco 2651XM H323 gateway to the PRI, and we are experiencing Echo and tinny calls intermittantly. We have enabled Echo cancellation on the Gateway and have set it to the Max at 32ms.

However, we have also noticed that the users are having a hard time hearing callers and are turning the volume up on their IP Phones to almost 80-95%.

I know that this can add to the perceived echo, so I would like to modify the volume level system wide on the Call Manager, but I can not find any settings which can be changed to complete this.

Does anyone or has anyone ever changed the system wide setting for volume, or can it be done?

1 Reply 1

fjmoss
Level 1
Level 1

Have never increased the overall system volume as that has never been a problem internally.

Only thing I could suggest is on the gateway itself, changing the Input Gain (-6..14 db) to increase the volume of incoming PSTN calls, this is a global change and affects all incoming calls. You can do this at the CO also but this way gives you a little more control on when and where you want to do this.

Hope that helps