cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mgcp gateway 1 way transmission

melvin.fong
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed a MGCP gateway (2650XM, 2.3(7)T) using FXO central office lines with CCM 333sr3, when I place calls out or receive calls in thru the gateway, I cannot hear the person on the other end but they can hear me, internal ip to ip works both ways. This happens form 7960, 7970 and 7920 (wireless phones) can anyone point me where to look.

Thanks...

3 Replies 3

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do a show call act voice and see that the GW is receiving RTP packets OK, Do you see rx and tx packets increment on the phone when you hit the "i" button twice during the call? Can you ping the pones from the GW with an extended ping specifying the MGCP media IP address on the GW? You may want to specify this with the "MGCP bind media" command.

Sounds like a straight forward routing issue, the ip signalling is getting through establishing the call, but the RTP stream doesn't know how to get to the phones. Is the gateway in a different vlan to the ip phones? If so then make sure this gateway knows a path i.e. ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

some where I lost the codec, once I put it back in everything worked....guess I was typing too fast