Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Sources for 2 800 #'s for call manager

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

How would i go about configuring 2 MOH sources for 2 different 800 numbers coming into call manager?

Im stuck at trying to find the location in call manager where the 800 numbers are configured?

Where abouts would you be able to see what incoming pri configurations are in call manager or am i looking in the wrong place.

Bascially, i want to use a different MOH source file for a second 800 number.

Thank you everyone!

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

MOH sources can be configured per DN, phone, device pool or cluseterwide. Will you have different DNs or phones answering calls for the 800 numbers? If so, configure the MOH source at one of these places.

Where the numbers are configured will depend on your environment. One place to configure this is under Route Plan -> Translation Pattern in CCM admin. You can configure a translation pattern to translate the called number to an internal DN.

Your PRI configurations will be under Device -> Gateway in CCM admin. Keep in most settings will be found here for MGCP gateways, but many settings for H.323 gateways will be found on the gateway itself.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

Thank you for your response. We have cisco unity that handles the 800 numbers coming in through call handlers.

When you say configure a translation pattern to translate the called number to an internal DN. I would create a translation pattern that translates the entire 800 number to the internal DN?

Where would you go to configure the MOH for the DN?

thanks again.

What you translate is dependent on what the telco is sending you and the value configured for Significant Digits in the gateway configuration. If the telco sends you 10 digits and the Significant Digits field is set to All, then you would translate the entire 800 number.

For Unity, you configure MOH using the device pool of the Unity ports. You can configure the device pool under System -> Device Pool and assign the device pool to the Unity ports under Feature -> Voicemail -> Cisco Voice Mail Port. So, to have 2 different MOH sources for your 800 numbers, you would have to have 2 device pools assigned to 2 sets of voicemail ports and ensure that the numbers get translated to a hunt pilot that uses the proper ports.

Brandon