Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple SLT support on AS5400

Hi,

I am having problems finding a good example with a AS5400 supporting more then 2 SLT, especially the coorelation with the timeslot parameter in the PGW (prov-add:c7iplnk).

I have always thought that the timeslot parameter corespond to the physical location of the port in the GW. I currently using version 9.5.2 on the PGW.

Anyone have a good example/explanation about this?

cheers,

Johan

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Multiple SLT support on AS5400

Multiple SLTs are not supported ibn AS5400 . A new fature called ITP-L is available . This supports multiple connections.

My misstake, the GW is AS5400HPX and it supports up to 4 SLT at the same gw. I have added 2 SLT on several GW before, but I cannot se the connection between the timeslot parameter and the GW.

I guess your are using the Integrated SLT feature on the AS?

The mml parameter "timeslot" is referenced by the IOS parameter "channel-id" under the serial interface configuration for the SS7 signalling channel.

As follows:

controller e1 7/3

channel-group 1 timeslot 2

!The actual timeslot number containing SS7 !signalling is Timeslot 2 in the E1

!There is a caveat, that the channel-group !number MUST be the timeslot number minus 1

!Logical interface is now created based on the !channel-group number

interface serial 7/3:1

encaps ss7

channel-id 3

!Now, the mml "timeslot" parameter would need to be set to 3

Views
Helpful
Replies