Views
Helpful
Replies

need help in voip design

sivakondalarao
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

our customer having nearly 30 branches. 20 are connected to central office via leased lines.

And 10 branches are connected by internet.

Now customer willing to use voip on all these branches.

That is From central office to leased line offices and internet offices vice versa..

And there are analog phones with PBXs.

present along with them soft and hard IP phones are required with redundancy.

so anybody can help me in designing this voip setup? (designing means what are the required equipments and protocols for this setup)

Regards

skrao

Regards

skrao

1 Reply 1

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Skrao,

Several ways to go here I don't really recommend the VOIP over the internet but your going to have to do a user count and peak call utilzation survey for each site.

Your probably going to go with one of the ASxxxx models for the central site and 2800 or 1800 for the remote sites. As for the VPN offices you might try CME Call Manager Express for them or keep there existing PBX's kinda depends on what there Goals are.

I can't give you specific parts because there is such a huge combination of different ways to go but your gist is you'll probably have a couple of Access-Servers to handle your primary site PSTN connections and then put something that can handle SRST Survivable Remote Site Telephony at each branch office. For your VPN sites your going to want to use Call Manager Express.

Patrick