Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with Dial-peer, CODEC and PRI configuration

chetona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a Cisco 3620 gateway with NM-HDV-2T1-24E module. I also have ISDN PRI/T1 line from ATT Canada.

Now Telco provided the following info:

Our Standard ISDN PRI will be:

Coding: B8ZS

Framing: ESF

Protocole: NI-1

Switch: DMS-100.

Now I can configure the ISDN Switch type and Coding and Framing but what bout the protocol NI-1. How do I configure that?

2nd, My gateway can reach 416, 905 and 647 area code. I have two T1 Controller and TWO ISDN PRI/T1 line. 2nd T1/PRI is not in yet.

If U want to create a dial-peer...for such area code, how do I can configure my Controller T1 interface

Controller t1 1/0

pri-group timeslots 1-24

(it created interface Serial1/0:23, what happen to other channel, or does this refer to all the channel).

Under dial-peer command, using the port should I refer to serial 1/0:23 as a pstn port.

dial-peer voice 416 pots

destination-pattern 416T

port serial 1/0:23 (is this how to do it)

Any help in this would be great.

Faisal

2 Replies 2

jtufail
Level 1
Level 1

The switch type is all you have to worry about. Configure the switch type as dms100 in your D channel interface.

When you create pri-group timeslot 1-24 it creates the D channel interface which will control all your bearer channels as well. You can see that by doing show isdn services.

You dont have to create separate dial-peers for separate area codes but if you do want to then you can point all those to the same controller i.e. assign the same port to all the dial-peers. What you have is almost correct, the correct format would be :

dial-peer voice 416 pots

destination-pattern 416T

port 1/0:23

Note that 416 wil be stripped unless you put prefix 416.

Hope that helps

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: