Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

No Inter-Cluster RTP Stream with Gatekeepers

Hello,

Firstly I am no expert in Cisco telephony as we have just recently migrated to a full Cisco solution, so apologies if I ask a fundamental question.

Client A = Site A

Client B = Site B

Client C = Site C

Site A and Site B are in 1 cluster

Site C is in another cluster

Intra-Cluster Traffic Works

Client A -> Client B within the same cluster (across 2 sites with a low latency link) RTP stream comes up and the call functions as expected.

Inter-Cluster Traffic Fails (GK to GK)

Client C -> Client A this works, the RTP stream comes up and the call functions as expected.

Client A -> Client C this call connects but there is no RTP stream.

We are using G711 across the board and I have captured a wireshark capture from a Client A -> Client C failed call.

I have been going through this capture and noticed that when I search H225 (for the gatekeepers) I see the following –

CS: setup

RAS: admissionRequest

RAS: admissionConfirm

CS: callProeeding

CS: alerting

CS: notify

RAS: registrationRequest

RAS: registrationConfirm

CS: connect

CS: releaseComplete

RAS: disengageRequest  (DISCONECT_REASON=2,TIME=1321266127,DURATION=24,DISCONNECT_STRING=no resource,ORIGIN=0,LINE_NUMBER=GK,OUTBUND_GW_IP=..

RAS: disengageConfirm

There are firewalls inbetween and these were the first thing I looked at, but I dont even see any RTP stream trying to be initiated from the far side. Would anyone have any ideas where I could start looking?

Thanks,

Peter

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies