Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

On Hold Call Timer

Is their a timer that can be tweaked with regard to placing a caller on hold? In other words, if I place a call on hold, will the call ring back again after a certain time or will the caller be placed on hold indefinitely (until I pick that call up again)? I'm running 3.2.2c Call Manager.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: On Hold Call Timer

When a caller is put on hold, there is no call reversion parameter exists to return the call back to the party who placed the call on hold after a pre-determined period of time. However, there is another feature which is called Call park which might be of helful to you:

- Access your call manager and click on Feature-Call park. Please create a Call park Number/Range.

- Click on Service-Service parameters, click on your Call manager's Ip address or name, select Cisco Call manager.

- In the Configured Service Parameters Box, you will find the parameter: CallParkReversionTimeout.

- Type the desired value in seconds in the value field and click on update.

- Try to make a phone call from one IP Phone to another one, and if you want to park that phone call, click on. If you don't pick it up, your phone will ring in the number of seconds that you specified. If you want to pick it up, just dial the Call park number.

This is the only feature available right now.

Views
Helpful
Replies