cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way Communication issue since changed IP addressing on voice vlansWe have changed IP addressing of our VoIP phones from Public Range to Private 10.x.x.x. Our Main Site IP addresses change took place before I started so don't know if some configuration

mukeshrulaniya
Level 1
Level 1

We have changed IP addressing of  our VoIP phones from Public Range to Private 10.x.x.x. Our Main Site IP  addresses change took place before I started so don't know if some  configuration change was made on CUCM 6.1.3 to make it work. I changed  the IP addressing of Voip Phones on one of the Remote site connected to  main site (where Publisher / Subscriber resides). At the remote site I  enabled the DHCP scope to allocate IP addresses to IP phones. I created  the voice vlan and configured the correct voice vlan to switchport IP  phone is connected. Phone gets the IP from DHCP scope and also gets  correct parameters such as gateway,option 150 etc. Phone gets registered  to Subscriber call manager. I have checked the IP cache and I see the  session to port 2000.When

I  call from our main site to phone assigned to new VLAN ,Remote site  phone can hear us but we can't hear them and issue remains the same when  call is initiated from remote site to phone's on other VLAN's or sites.

At  remote site I installed another phone and assisgned the switchport to  new voice vlan then both new phones can communicate to each other but  same issue in communication to phones on other vlans / locations

I have checked all the access-lists and FWSM but couldn't see any issues ....ANY  IDEA what's causing one way communication issue cos previous team  changed the IP addresses on our main site but no such one way  communication issue. Interesting thing is  that I picked one of the free subnet from Main site IP address planning  structure and implemented at remote site and had no issues with  communication at all

thanks

Mukesh

1 Reply 1

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

This sounds like a routing issue.  Call setup requires the endpoints (phones) to be able to reach the CUCM server.  Once the call is answered the CUCM is out of the picture and the routing is between the endpoint.

Make sure the routing is working correctly between both remote voice vlans. I'm thinking that routing is only working in one direction.