cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAP2T Installation - there is no green light or tone on Line1 or 2

cisco7878
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am new to VoIP, just got a brand new PAP2T, and need some help starting up.

I have ordered it as PAP2T-NA to use with sipgate, but cannot find "NA" anywhere on the packaging or the product. Is there a way to tell by S/N or MAC address if this is actually "NA"?

When I installed the unit it only has green lights for Power and Internet, but there is no green light or tone on Line1 or 2. I cannot proceed with configuration without dial tone. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Message was edited by: David Abayev I have researched more and it appears that there is specific parameter. When you login into Linksys PAP2T web interface the System tab has Product Information section. If the last parameter shows " Customization:  Open“ then the PAP2T is NA or "unlocked" unit. As for the lack of green light or dial tone on Line1, this is not a problem. These are not required. To get the IP address via IVR Menu on the phone you do not need the dial tone or green light, just  enter four starts **** and continue as specified in the manual. After PAP2T has actually registered with VoIP service provider the green light on Line1 will lit and you will have the dial tone.

1 Reply 1

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The NA designation on a PAP-2T shows that it is not preconfigured for a particular carrier (vonage, etc).

I'm not sure how you can confirm that it's actually an NA device.

Check the settings under

http://:8080/Voice_adminPage.htm

Hope this helps,

Chester

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: