cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PGW 2200 ss7 issues - Cause 63 = Service or Option UnAvail, unspecified

pezevall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello team. We are experiencing issues with a soft switch deployment (PGW 2200 in call control mode). Right now we are getting a great deal of calls being disconnected from PGW to PSTN. For some reason, PGW is sending the Release Message 63 (Service or Option Unavail, unspecified) to the carrier that provides the bearer channels and because of that 80% of the calls are terminated. I'm attaching the log that we got yesterday from PGW, perhaps you might be able to give us some insights of where the problem is, it'd really be helpful.

Many thanks in advanced.

Regards

Pedro Zevallos

5 Replies 5

iostres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

If I would have to bet on this, I would bet on:

FORWARD CALL IND. 0x0

ISDN ACCESS IND. .......1 1 originating_access_ISDN

Are your users behing HSI or this is tdm - tdm transit?

Regards,

Ivan

Hi. Thanks for your answer. This is tdm-tdm transit. What do you think? any idea where the problem might be ?

Regards

Pedro

Some isdn terminals probably don't like what you're sending in FORWARD CALL IND. This could be a reason for release with cause 63.

Ivan

Thank you Ivan for your feedback. It's been very useful. I'll follow up the issue based on your recommendation.

Pedro

I hope it will help. If it will, please rate my post.

Thank you.

Ivan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: